Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Halls are Decked

Literally, we decked our halls. The 3rd grade team at my school all made trees to hang in the hall. I am at the end of the hall, so mine fit nicely in the corner. The paper chain on the tree was made by my students. They took a strip for each member of their family and had to write a service they were going to give each member of their family for Christmas. The cute ornaments and mice were also made by my students who wrote a riddle on them about something you associate with Christmas. They did such a cute job.  I also wrapped my door so my classroom is a gift :).
The halls were decked at school, but the hall at home needed some work. Finally, I wrapped the kids' doors to keep the tradition alive. Can you guess which door belongs to Zack and which one is Nicole's?
Another tradition is to set up the tree and decorate the house on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We put the tree in the corner this year.
With the tree and Christmas village set up, the house finally had the Christmas feeling. Then, Zack decided to contribute to the Christmas village. Apparently, they are in the middle of a battle.
For the first time ever, we have Christmas lights on the house. If I can ever get a good picture of them, I will post it. So far, I only have a day time picture. They are icicle lights that appear to be dripping. The cats have been mesmerized by them.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Everything looks so festive!! I love the corner tree idea and the kids' craftiness is fabulous! I bet they LOVE you as their teacher, Julie!! And, may I add, the army men in the Christmas village are just awesome. Have a marvelous Christmas, in case we don't see you guys beforehand. We love and miss you guys!!