Thursday, August 21, 2008

Old Friends

This summer, I have had a chance to reconnect with a few old friends. This first picture is me with my friend, Susan. She moved to North Carolina a few years ago. It was a very sad time for me because my close friends had all decided to move within about 6 months of each other. She was always a calming influence on me and a great listener. It was fun to catch up.




The second picture is Teri and me. We were good friends in high school. We actually became friends because we were in the same ward. We did well keeping in touch until the past couple years. I would try to call or see her every time I went to visit my family except for the past few years. I was incredibly grateful my sister-in-law had a surprise birthday party for my brother and invited Teri. I vow to be better at keeping in touch! She is one who always makes me smile and laugh!

Finally, there was a reunion of sorts with for the Westlake Ward, the ward where I grew up. I have to say, I was very blessed to have a strong group of friends who believed the same things I did. That was huge since I grew up in an area where my religion was not common. We did many activities as a group. I was a bit hesitant about going to this reunion. However, when I saw Tricia, I was thrilled. She is one of the most sincere, genuine, and kind people I have ever known. It was great to see her and get caught up.

1 comment:

Glenn Franklin said...

Growing up outside of Utah in the "mission field" must have been tough on you......I can't believe that you turned out the way you did.