Sunday, May 2, 2010

Graduation Day

Yesterday, I walked for graduation. The University of Phoenix has graduation every May. They allow those with 2 classes remaining to walk early. It felt good even though I didn't officially get my diploma....yet. I will have it soon. I have 2 weeks of student teaching left and 2 classes after that. I will be officially done on August 11th. I will be doing the dance of joy that night in the parking lot. Feel free to come and watch ;)
Two of my biggest fans. Graduation was held in the E Center where the hockey team plays and concerts are held. This was my view of the crowd before I sat down. Sitting and waiting for my turn to walk across that stage. The good thing was we didn't sit in any specific order so I got to sit with my friends. That made the ceremony even more meaningful. My friends and fellow students: Tammy and Katherine More friends: Cindy, Kristen, me, and Katherine
This is only a small group out of the 14 wonderful people that have gone through the program with me. I didn't realize I would be making such great friends through this process and I am so glad to have them as classmates and good friends. Cassie, Kristen, Cindy, Me, Amy, Tammy, Katherine, and Jayson. It was so fun to be there with a group of friends.
Following graduation, we went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory...YUM!!! I got to choose. I enjoyed the rest of the day and didn't even do any homework or student teaching planning. It was a great day to enjoy the moment and my family.

4 comments:

Betty said...

I want to come and see the dance of joy! I remember the feeling, except there were so many other things going on that year that I could not really appreaciate it. It was such a relief to have the pressure off! We are proud of you and your family for the support that they have given you. I know it has not been easy for any of you.

Shauna said...

Oh Julie, that is fantastic! Good for you! And what a great thing for the kids to see for themselves, after all the hard work they have watched you do. Well done! I hope the studetn teaching is going well and you are still loving it.

cherrystones said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Julie. Huge feat to be a mom, wife and student at the same time. Yay to the fam for supporting you, too! Now what?

Lydja said...

JULIE!! I'm so proud of you! What a wonderful example you are to your family and me. Love you, Sister.